Shamrock Rovers
Sligo Rovers

Friday, 14 April, 2017
1 - 0
SSE Airtricity League
Brandon Miele's strike early in the second half was the deciding factor was Shamrock Rovers saw off ten man Sligo Rovers at Tallaght Stadium. 
Miele's 48th minute goal was enough to earn Stephen Bradley's men their fourth win of 2017 while John Russell's 24th minute red card did little to help the westerners' cause. 
The Hoops made two changes with Miele and Darren Meenan returning while interim Rovers boss Declan McIntyre kept faith with the side that beat Bohs last weekend. 
It was Shams who seemed the most likely to register a score in the opening half. Gary Shaw could only hook Meenan's cross over Micheál Schlingermann's goal frame three minutes in while Graham Burke had sight of goal seven minutes later, only to fire over from 20 yards. 
Shaw was involved again soon after but misjudged the flight of the ball in his attempt to nod Simon Madden's cross past the Rovers net minder. 
Rovers were reduced to ten men when Russell crashed into Roberto Lopes in the middle of the field. Referee Neil Doyle producing a straight red. 
McIntyre's charges did fashion a chance of their own mid-way through the half. Kieran Sadlier only able to fire straight at Tomer Chencinski. While Rovers' Jonah Ayunga did find the net six minutes from the break. The Brighton loanee strayed marginally offside in the build-up however. 
Schlingermann was back in action early in the second half and had to scurry across his goal to push Burke's curler past his post two minutes in. 
Miele's opener then arrived from the resulting corner. Meenan and Trevor Clarke combined to find Miele at the edge of the box. His drive at goal slipping between Schlingermann and the post for the Dubliner's second goal of the season. 
The Rovers net minder to his credit did pull off a number of great saves in the second half. The best of these coming on 64. 
Madden broke free of his man before picking out the unmarked Burke who saw his close range header somehow clawed away by the left arm of the acrobatic Schlingermann. 
The crossbar then came to Rovers' rescue on 69. Madden and Burke exchanging passes before the former landed a cross upon the head of Shaw who was unfortunate to see his effort come back off the woodwork.  
Clarke forced another commanding stop from Schlingermann number one six minutes from time after Shaw picked him out.  
Shamrock Rovers: Tomer Chencinski; Simon Madden, Danny Devine (Sam Bone 82), David Webster, Trevor Clarke; Darren Meenan, Ronan Finn, Graham Burke, Trevor Clarke; Brandon Miele (James Doona 85); Gary Shaw (Sean Boyd 73).    
Sligo Rovers: Micheál Schlingermann; Tobi Adebayo-Rowling, Kyle Callan-McFadden, Mick Leahy, Gary Boylan; Kieran Sadlier, Craig Roddan, John Russell, Liam Martin (Daniel Kearns 72); Raffaele Cretaro (Chris Kenny 60); Jonah Ayunga. 
Referee: Neil Doyle.