Rovers v Limerick: 6 reasons to be in The Showgrounds this Saturday
Sligo Rovers take on Limerick this Saturday in The Showgrounds, kick-off is 7:45pm in a must-see game in the final series of Airtricity Premier Division matches.
Rovers are aiming to keep pace with St Patrick’s Athletic and Dundalk at the top.
Tickets are available at turnstiles from €15 for adults with children (€5) and concessions for students and OAPS (€10).
Here are six reasons to get behind the Bit o' Red on Saturday night:
1) This is one of just four home league games left in the season and with four weeks until our next league outing in The Showgrounds against Shelbourne, the Bit o’ Red need your support for vital moments in this title run-in.
2) Danny North made his goal-scoring return from injury against Limerick in the EA Sports Cup against our opponents Limerick. North has also netted against Derry and played 86 minutes last week against Cork City. David McMillan has made a return to full training this week - the competition up front will be strong on Saturday night.
3) Gavin Peers scored a superb header against Cork City last week as Rovers reach the last eight of the FAI Cup. He also scored an equally good goal against Limerick in Thomand Park. Watch it below.
4) The last meeting of the sides was a thrilling affair in The Showgrounds. Anthony Elding rescued Rovers at 1-0 down, Jeff Henderson netted a winner and there was more drama late on. Watch here:
5) We’ve had some of the most consistent crowds ever in a league season and we need you to help the team in these crucial last games. 2,576 has been our average league crowd with just four matches to go. This is where The Showgrounds crowd cam make the difference. Stand up for the Bit o’ Red.
6) Ian Baraclough's thoughts: "In the league, you don't give up on anything. Anything can happen. Teams can go on a bad run and we have to try recreate what we did last year. There is no better feeling that winning titles, winning cups, they are the days you live for. Don't let it slip by because you have to keep chasing for it."
Sligo Rovers v Limerick is this Saturday night in The Showgrounds, kick-off is 7:45pm.