Sligo Rovers FC are inviting applicants to express their interest in the role of Head Coach for the Women’s U17 team who will once again participate in the Só Hotels Women’s U17 National League in 2020.
In 2019, our Women’s Under 17 team enjoyed a hugely successful year under Head Coach Darragh Healy and his backroom team. Ballisodare man Healy has confirmed that he will not be staying on in the role next year.
The Rovers girls reached the semi-finals of both the league and cup competitions, and recorded some famous results along the way, with a number of international call-ups throughout the season.
The hard work and commitment of Head-Coach Darragh Healy and his coaching staff Martin McManus, Jason Quinn, Hugh Cunningham, Yvette Edwards and Stephen Travers is very much appreciated by all at the club and we would like to place on record our thanks to the coaches.
The position of Under-17 Women’s Head Coach is key to the ongoing development of our elite underage players and will play a significant role in their development. The position will be on a voluntary basis. The role will provide valuable experience for the successful candidate of working with an elite group of players.
- Help club achieve its vision to ‘Build a brand that is associated with excellence on and off the pitch for women’s football, to be considered as an example of excellence and best practice, and one of the major developer of players within the country at underage, and eventually senior level’.
- To assemble squad through talent identification, including holding trials, for the beginning of the FAI Women’s U17 season in March 2020.
- The development and nurturing of a pool of elite players to facilitate their current and future success as individuals and as a team.
- Organise, plan and deliver a suitable player development programme in line with the FAI and Sligo Rovers coaching syllabus.
- Uphold the club’s code of conduct and implement club’s vision on and off the pitch.
- Set high standards for the players both on and off the pitch.
- Create and maintain appropriate communication with players / parents / clubs / leagues and any stakeholders relevant to the team
- To work with the media in any area regarding Sligo Rovers FC.
- Ensure the club adheres to FAI & Women’s National League rules and regulations and competition rules. .
- To ensure that all delivery satisfies the clubs safeguarding and welfare procedures
- The successful candidate will report to the Women’s Football committee within the club. The women’s committee includes members of the club management committee and is governed by the management committee of Sligo Rovers.
The ideal candidate will have skills and experience in the following areas:
- A current valid UEFA B Licence holder as a minimum.
- Successful candidate will be subjected to garda vetting clearance.
- Up to date Safeguarding 1 / Child Welfare Certificate.
- An ability to produce verbal and written reports.
- Long-term commitment to working within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Access to both email and phone.
- Experience and enthusiasm for coaching and mentoring elite young players and coaches.
- Administrative and organisational skills.
- Previous experience of coaching in female game.
- Coach mentoring experience.
Abilities / Skills / Knowledge:
- Has the leadership ability to inspire a team to play to their maximum potential.
- Ability to communicate and implement club’s philosophy as head coach.
- Empathy with young players with an ability to inspire.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build meaningful, strong strategic relationships with players, staff and officials.
- Understanding of learning, development and high performance with a proven ability to create optimum and challenging learning environments for players.
- Strong existing relationships within the Women’s football in North-West.
- Must be available for games / training at weekends and evenings.
To apply for this position please email your CV with a cover letter to Jane Nugent, Secretary, Women’s Football Committee, Sligo Rovers FC at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Thursday, 5th December 2019.