As part of Sligo Rovers FC’s long term plan for the women’s team, we are looking to expand our coaching team ahead of the 2021 Season.
We will have two underage teams in the Women’s National League 2021, adding an Under 19 team alongside our Under 17 team which will enter its fourth season in the league.
We are seeking a 2nd Head Coach to work alongside current Head-Coach Danny O’Leary who managed our Women’s National League Under 17 team last season.
– Help club achieve its vision to ‘Build a brand that is associated with excellence on and off the pitch for women’s football, to be considered as an example of excellence and best practice, and one of the major developer of players within the country at underage, and eventually senior level’.
– The development and nurturing of a pool of elite players to facilitate their current and future success as individuals and as a team.
– Organise, plan and deliver a suitable player development programme in line with the FAI and Sligo Rovers coaching syllabus.
– Uphold the clubs code of conduct and implement club’s vision on and off the pitch.
– Set high standards for the players both on and off the pitch.
– Create and maintain appropriate communication with players / parents / clubs / leagues and any stakeholders relevant to the team
– Ensure the club adheres to FAI & Women’s National League rules and regulations and competition rules. .
– To ensure that all delivery satisfies the clubs safeguarding and welfare procedures
– The successful candidate will report to the Women’s Football committee within the club. The women’s committee includes members of the club management committee and is governed by the management committee of Sligo Rovers.
The successful candidate will be working alongside the club’s elite level coaching staff and gain invaluable experience in the role.
The successful candidate will receive pre-negotiated expenses for any travel costs incurred during the role.
– A current valid UEFA B Licence holder as a minimum (for a head-coach role).
– Successful candidate will be subjected to garda vetting clearance.
– Up to date Safeguarding 1 / Child Welfare Certificate.
– An ability to produce verbal and written reports.
– Access to both email and phone.
– Experience and enthusiasm for coaching and mentoring elite young players and coaches.
– Administrative and organisational skills.
– Previous experience of coaching in female game.
– Coach mentoring experience.
To express your interest in joining the coaching team, please send football CV to email@example.com by Friday 9th April 2021.