Sligo Rovers FC are inviting applicants to express their interest in the role of Head Coach for the Women’s U17 team who will once again participate in the Continental Tyres Women’s U17 National League in 2019.
Through our Women’s Football section, our goal is to be competing at the highest level of women’s football. We will provide a performance centre strategy that encompasses the club wide philosophy for players to develop within a comprehensive and professionalised environment.
The position of Under-17 Women’s Head Coach is key to the ongoing development of our elite underage players and will play a significant role in their development. The position will be on a voluntary basis. The role will provide valuable experience for the successful candidate of working with an elite group of players.
- Help club achieve its vision to ‘Build a brand that is associated with excellence on and off the pitch for women’s football, to be considered as an example of excellence and best practice, and one of the major developer of players within the country at underage, and eventually senior level’.
- To assemble squad through talent identification for the beginning of the FAI Women’s U17 season in March 2019.
- The development and nurturing of a pool of elite players to facilitate their current and future success as individuals and as a team.
- Organise, plan and deliver a suitable player development programme in line with the FAI and Sligo Rovers coaching syllabus.
- Uphold the clubs code of conduct and implement club’s vision on and off the pitch.
- Setting high standards for the players both on and off the pitch.
- Create and maintain appropriate communication with players / parents / clubs / leagues and any stakeholders relevant to the team
- To work with the media in any area regarding Sligo Rovers FC.
- Ensure the club adheres to FAI & Women’s National League rules and regulations and competition rules. .
- To ensure that all delivery satisfies the clubs safeguarding and welfare procedures
- The successful candidate will report to the Women’s Football committee within the club. The women’s committee includes members of the club management committee and the Head of Youth Development within the club and is governed by the management committee of Sligo Rovers.
The ideal candidate will have skills and experience in the following areas:
- A current valid UEFA B Licence holder as a minimum.
- Successful candidate will be subjected to garda vetting clearance.
- Up to date Safeguarding 1 / Child Welfare Certificate.
- An ability to produce verbal and written reports.
- Long-term commitment to working within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Access to both email and phone.
- Experience and enthusiasm for coaching and mentoring elite young players and coaches.
- Administrative and organisational skills.
- Previous experience of coaching in female game.
- Coach mentoring experience.
Abilities / Skills / Knowledge:
- Has the leadership ability to inspire a team to play to their maximum potential.
- Ability to communicate and implement club’s philosophy as head coach.
- Empathy with young players with an ability to inspire.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build meaningful, strong strategic relationships with players, staff and officials.
- Understanding of learning, development and high performance with a proven ability to create optimum and challenging learning environments for players.
- Strong existing relationships within the Women’s football in North-West.
- Must be available for games / training at weekends and evenings.
To apply for this position please email your CV with a cover letter to Breifne Earley, Secretary, Women’s Football Committee, Sligo Rovers FC at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Friday, 23rd November 2018.
Shortlisting will apply and candidates will be called for interview shortly after the closing date.
Downloadable / Printable Information: Head Coach – Job Spec