Sligo Rovers Football Club are inviting applicants to express their interest in the role of Head Coach for the inaugural FAI U13 National League, which will commence in 2019.
We will provide a performance centre strategy that encompasses the club wide philosophy for players to develop within a comprehensive and professional environment.
The position of Under 13 Head Coach is key to the ongoing development of our elite underage players and will play a significant role in their development.
The position will be on a voluntary basis. The role will provide valuable experience for the successful candidate of working with an elite group of players.
- Help club achieve its vision to ‘Build a brand that is associated with excellence on and off the pitch, to be considered as an example of excellence and best practice, and one of the major developer of players within the country at underage, and senior level.
- To assemble squad through talent identification for the beginning of the FAI U13 season in 2019.
- The development and nurturing of a pool of elite players to facilitate their current and future success as individuals and as a team.
- Organise, plan and deliver a suitable player development programme in line with the FAI and Sligo Rovers coaching syllabus.
- Uphold the clubs code of conduct and implement club’s vision on and off the pitch.
- Setting high standards for the players both on and off the pitch.
- Create and maintain appropriate communication with players/parents/clubs/leagues and any stakeholders relevant to the team.
- To work with the media in any area regarding Sligo Rovers FC.
- Ensure the club adheres to FAI & National League rules and regulations and competition rules. .
- To ensure that all delivery satisfies the clubs safeguarding and welfare procedures
- The successful candidate will report to the Head of Youth Development within the club.
The ideal candidate will have skills and experience in the following areas:
- A current valid UEFA B Licence holder as a minimum.
- Successful candidate will be subjected to garda vetting clearance.
- Up to date Safeguarding 1 / Child Welfare Certificate.
- An ability to produce verbal and written reports.
- Long term commitment to working within a multidisciplinary team.
- Access to both email and phone.
- Experience and enthusiasm for coaching and mentoring elite young players and coaches.
- Administrative and organisational skills.
- Previous experience of coaching in the game
- Coach mentoring experience.
Abilities / Skills / Knowledge :
- Has the leadership ability to inspire a team to play to their maximum potential.
- Ability to communicate and implement club’s philosophy as a head coach.
- Empathy with young players with an ability to inspire.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build meaningful, strong strategic relationships with players, staff and officials.
- Understanding of learning, development and high performance with a proven ability to create optimum and challenging learning environments for players.
- Strong existing relationships within football in North West.
- Must be available for games / training at weekends and evenings.
To apply for this position please email your CV and copy of your current coaching qualification with a covering letter to Danny O’Leary, Head of Youth Development, Sligo Rovers FC at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Friday, 28th September.
Shortlisting will apply and candidates will be called for interview on the week starting October 8th.