Sligo Rovers are seeking applications for the role of Head Coach of our Women’s Under 19 team for the 2024 season.
The position of Under-19 Women’s Head Coach is key to the ongoing development of our elite Academy players and will play a significant role in their development through this team and onto our Women’s Senior team. The role will provide valuable experience for the successful candidate of working with an elite group of players in a professional environment.
– Help the club achieve its vision to ‘Build a brand that is associated with excellence on and off the pitch for football, to be considered as an example of excellence and best practice, and one of the major developers of players within the country at academy, and eventually senior level’.
– The development and nurturing of a pool of elite players to facilitate their current and future success as individuals and as a team.
– Organise, plan and deliver a suitable player development programme in line with the FAI and Sligo Rovers coaching syllabus.
– Uphold the club’s code of conduct and implement the club’s vision on and off the pitch.
– Set high standards for the players both on and off the pitch.
– Create and maintain appropriate communication with players/parents/clubs/leagues and any stakeholders relevant to the team
– To work with the media in any area regarding Sligo Rovers FC.
– Ensure the club adheres to FAI rules and regulations and competition rules.
– To ensure that all delivery satisfies the club safeguarding and welfare procedures
The ideal candidate will have skills and experience in the following areas:
– A current valid UEFA A Licence holder as a minimum.
– Successful candidate will be subjected to Garda vetting clearance.
– Up-to-date Safeguarding 1 / Child Welfare Certificate.
– An ability to produce verbal and written reports.
– Access to both email and phone.
– Experience and enthusiasm for coaching and mentoring elite young players and coaches.
– Administrative and organisational skills.
– Previous experience of coaching in the female game.
– Coach mentoring experience.
Abilities / Skills / Knowledge:
– Has the leadership ability to inspire a team to play to their maximum potential
– Ability to communicate and implement the club’s philosophy as Head Coach.
– Excellent communication skills with the ability to build meaningful, strong strategic relationships with players, staff and officials.
– Understanding of learning, development and high performance with a proven ability to create optimum and challenging learning environments for players.
– Strong existing relationships within football in the North-West.
– Must be available for games/training at weekends and evenings.
To apply for this position, please email your CV with a cover letter by Wednesday, November 29th at 5pm to Conor O’Grady, Head of Academy, Sligo Rovers FC at email@example.com